Job in Renewable Energy and Climate DescriptionKPMG is a leading provider of professional services. KPMG International Development Assistance Services (IDAS) manages and implements donor funded programmes across Africa, employing full time and part time experienced development experts and leveraging on a network of champions across the continent.
KPMG is looking for a range of renewable energy and climate professionals for potential short and long term assignments on various programmes across Africa, ranging from programme implementers and young professionals to experienced team leaders. Engagement will likely be on a contract basis. Both African nationals and international experts are encouraged to apply. Women are encouraged to apply. Specific skill sets we are looking for include:
- Experienced team leaders – with a track record of managing successful programmes and delivering results in the areas of climate change (adaptation, mitigation, institutional reform, climate change and health) and renewable energy (off grid devices, mini-grids and on-grid, and working with government, the private sector and NGOs) and CC related urban development
- Climate smart agriculture expertise – including knowledge of value chains and working with the private sector
- Environmental, energy, carbon and climate economists – both quantatative and qualitative skill sets
- Financial expertise related to climate and renewable energy – including fund & grant management, business advisory services, impact investment, venture capital skills applicable to the African context
- Capacity building with governments, SMEs and civil society organisations (CSOs), demonstrating effective transfer of skills
- Climate technology expertise – for instance on applying technology to adaptation, mitigation, energy efficiency and RE
- Private sector – SME business advisory services and working with large corporates on rolling out RE and climate initiatives
- Climate, energy efficiency and RE policy in developing economies
- Monitoring & evaluation – for climate change, and RE
- Gender specialists – with experience of applications to climate and RE
- Health and climate specialists
- Institutional and design – particularly design and implementation of programmes to build climate resilience, green economy strategies, low carbon development, and related skills
- Climate and RE in conflict states – as well as experience in above areas, within fragile and conflict affected environments
- Climate and urban development – low carbon, energy efficiency, adaptation, planning
- International experience – including Africa specifically, and the developing world more widely
- Various languages – including English, Portuguese and French
Apply to Job in Renewable Energy and ClimateInterested candidates are requested to visit http://www.idasafrica.com/ to apply. This is an online system, and we request you to please fill in information on the form as requested in order to be considered.
Recruitment is on a rolling basis.
Due to the high number of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Organization offering job in Renewable Energy and Climate. DescriptionKPMG is a leading provider of professional services, which include audit, tax and advisory. KPMG’sInternational Development Advisory Services Unit (IDAS) is a KPMG Centre of Excellence (CoE) in development advisory work on the continent. KPMG IDAS has adopted a pan-African approach to development work, employing full-time experienced development experts within the KPMG Africa team at our headquarters in Nairobi, together with a network of champions across the twenty countries of KPMG in sub-Saharan Africa.
KPMG IDAS Africa coordinates projects throughout Africa to ensure consistency of delivery, results and development impact. Our country and donor experience in Africa is extensive and we pride ourselves as a leading service provider to development initiatives and delivering impact and results using innovative solutions. Our diverse team includes people of different professional backgrounds and nationalities, and this mix is fundamental to our success. Typically, we assemble teams of senior professionals that comprise specialised development expertise combined with core KPMG knowledge in financial and risk management.